This project is considered to be a long-term solution to the issue of accessing drinking water in the city of Abidjan from a surface water by the detection of a viable water source which could supply the city of Abidjan for at least the next 20 years. The project foresees a production capacity of 300 000 m³/day and the realization of following infrastructures:
• A water intake tower on the water source including the water station raw water pumping;
• A complete conventional processing plant with a capacity of 300 000 m³/day;
• A treated water pumping station;
• The main pipe network for the delivery of drinking water to Abidjan;
• Terminal storage in Abidjan, with a total capacity of 80,000 m³.