The project consists of the construction of:
- Three converter stations: in the Villa Constitución substation with a capacity of 840 MVA, ± 400/230 kV, in the Mezquital substation with a capacity of 180 MVA, ± 400/115 kV, and in the Esperanza substation with a capacity of 1.020 MVA, ± 400/400 kV.
- Underwater cable in CD, bipolo, ± 400 kV, 110 km length.
- Three transmission lines in CD, bipolo, ± 400 kV, for a total of 620 km length.
- A double circuit transmission line in 400 kV and 55 km length.
- A double circuit transmission line in 230 kV and 195 km length.
- A double circuit transmission line in 115 kV and 2 km length.
- A three-phase transformer bank, with a reserve unit of 133 MVA each, 230/115 kV.
- A three-phase transformer bank, with a reserve unit of 300 MVA each, 230/115 kV.
- A capacitor bank of 15 MVAr at 115 kV.
- A capacitor bank of 12.5 MVAr at 115 kV.
Secretaría de Energía, CFE Transmisión EPS
Form of project announcement
Construction of three converter stations, one in the Villa Constitución substation, another in the Mezquital substation and the third in the Esperanza substation; a
submarine cable (110 km long); three Transmission Lines for a total of 620 km length; a 55km long double circuit Transmission Line; a 195 km long double circuit
transmission line; a 2km double circuit transmission line; two three-phase transformer banks; two capacitor banks; and two synchronous capacitors.
Indicative timetable of project development
Request for Proposal / Announcement: November 2019
Contract Signing: June 2020
Execution / Construction Starting Date: June 2020
Term of the Contract: May 2023
There are no Project documents available at this time
Project looking for additional PPF assistance
Project looking for additional MDB assistance
Is project multi jurisdictional?
Stage 2: Project Investigation
1,605 M USD
Indicative Funding Source
Have any external advisors been appointed yet
Details of Advisors appointed
Is the project contained in national/sub national infrastructure plan or strategy
Please outline any studies (for example environmental, engineering etc.) that will be completed prior to a full business case development
Technical, legal, economic and environmental feasibility analysis of the different stages of the project.
Opportunity for Private Sector Involvement
Stage 3: Start of Project Feasibility / Business Case
Legal Advisors Appointed
Financial Advisors Appointed
Technical and Other Advisors (inc Project Preparation Facility) Appointed
Is a Business Case Being Prepared?
Estimated Business Case Completion Date
Estimated Time To Start Of Procurement
Unable to be estimated at this time
Any other relevant information relating to the project process
Length Of Contract 5 Years
Estimated Construction Commencement June 2020
Expected Date of Contract End May 2023